Silver Creek Technologies, Inc. Acceptable Use Policy
Last Updated: October 17, 2023
Silver Creek Technologies, Inc., a Delaware corporation (hereinafter referred to as "SCT", "we", "us", or "our") is committed to providing quality server hosting services that are reliable and compliant with local and international law. This Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) governs the use of the services provided by SCT through its corporate website https://silvercreektechnologies.com/ and its hosting service portal https://terabit.io/. By using our services, you are agreeing to abide by this AUP.
1. Email Communications: You must not send unsolicited email communications or engage in "spam" activities. All email recipients must have explicitly opted in to, or otherwise validly consented to, receiving communications from you, the sender.
2. Prohibited Code or Files: Any use of harmful code or files that are malicious or designed to damage or disrupt the operation of another person's system or network, or to compromise privacy or data security, is strictly prohibited.
3. Content Compliance with Local Laws: All content hosted on our servers must fully comply with the laws of the jurisdiction in which the server is located. Any form of illegal content or activities, including but not limited to pornography, obscenity, nudity, violations of privacy, hacking, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, and the distribution of viruses or other harmful code, are strictly prohibited.
4. Denial-of-Service Attacks: The use of our servers for staging or launching any form of Denial-of-Service (DoS) or Distributed Denial-of-Service (DDoS) attacks is expressly forbidden.
5. Command and Control Servers or Botnets: The use of our servers to host any Command and Control (C2) server or botnet is strictly forbidden. Our services must not be used in connection with any activity that controls and directs the activity of a botnet or engage in activities designed to disrupt the operation of another network.
6. Abuse of Network: All bandwidth is considered fair share unless explicitly listed as a dedicated port. Any and all abuse of the Network may be subject to rate-limiting, suspension, or termination without refund.
7. Tor and I2P Networks: If you intend to host a Tor or I2P exit, relay, or bridge, you are required to seek our permission in advance. This can be done by sending a support ticket. Hosting these networks without our explicit permission is strictly prohibited.
8. GRE Tunnels: The use of Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE) tunnels to protect a server that isn't part of our network is prohibited.
9. Security: You are responsible for the security of your account, and for maintaining all software, plugins, and applications up-to-date and patched against known vulnerabilities.
10. Legal Compliance: All activities conducted through our services must comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and rules, and must not infringe or violate third party rights.
11. Reporting of Violations: Any violations of this AUP should be reported to us immediately. We reserve the right to investigate any such reports and take appropriate action.
Fair Share/Fair Use and Bandwidth Limitations:
Silver Creek Technologies, Inc. strives to offer robust and dependable server hosting services. To maintain a quality experience for all customers, it is vital to manage network resources effectively. This Fair Share/Fair Use clause outlines the bandwidth limitations and policies applicable to our range of services. By availing of our services, you agree to adhere to these conditions.
Shared servers come standard with a 1 Gbps port that is burstable up to 10 Gbps for optimal performance. A soft cap of 100 Mbps is established per shared server. This limit can be raised to 200 Mbps for an additional fee of +$15/month.
vMetal (VDS / Virtual Dedicated Servers):
All vMetal servers are equipped with a non-burstable 1 Gbps port as standard. This port is apportioned among the server's slices. The minimum slice, constituting 25% of the machine, offers a bandwidth of 250 Mbps. The bandwidth on each slice may be upgraded to be burstable at an additional cost of +$35/month.
Dedicated Bare-Metal Servers:
Dedicated bare-metal servers are furnished with a standard, non-burstable 1 Gbps port. Clients have the option to upgrade this to a burstable port, capable of reaching up to 10 Gbps, for an additional fee of +$75/month. Dedicated bandwidth can be purchased in accordance with the following rate card:
- 1 Gbps Unmetered (standard)
- 2 Gbps Unmetered (+$100/month)
- 3 Gbps Unmetered (+$200/month)
- 5 Gbps Unmetered (+$350/month)
- 10 Gbps Unmetered (+$599/month)
Please note, all network ports are subject to shared usage by default. A dedicated network port is available for an extra charge of +$200/month.
Monthly Soft Caps:
In alignment with this Acceptable Use Policy, the following monthly soft caps are set:
- Shared: 50 TB/month, incremental in blocks of +25 TB/month at a rate of $25/month.
- vMetal: 100 TB/month, incremental in blocks of +50 TB/month at a rate of $50/month.
- Dedicated: 250 TB/month, incremental in blocks of +125 TB/month at a rate of $75/month.
Opting for the "burstable 10 Gbps" package additionally includes +150 TB/month to your service.
Additional IP addresses can be acquired at a rate of $3/month each. Clients are obliged to provide a rationale for the necessity of extra IPs, as we seek to avert misuse and to safeguard our network from potential blacklisting. We retain the right to revoke IP addresses if they are implicated in unresolved abuse or comparable infractions.
This Fair Share/Fair Use clause serves to preserve the integrity and quality of services offered by Silver Creek Technologies, Inc. Failure to comply with these limitations is considered a violation of this Acceptable Use Policy, and we reserve the right to take action.
This AUP is in place to protect SCT, our customers, and the wider internet community from inappropriate and potentially harmful activities. We retain sole discretion in determining whether any particular use of the services violates this AUP. We may update this AUP from time to time and will notify our customers of significant changes. By continuing to use our services after such changes are implemented, you are agreeing to abide by the updated AUP.